|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Occupational Health and Work Safety *||IGS 102||2||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Gülcan TÜRKOĞLU|
In this course, it is aimed to gain qualifications relevant to workers' health and safety.
Definition of work safety, occupational diseases, protective and preventive measures, safety and equipment, workplace air quality, first aid, first aid materials, waste and waste classification, recycling and recycling systems.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1.Program graduates have sufficient knowledge in mathematics, science and the implementation of the telecommunication issues in these areas
2.Program graduates have knowledge regarding available materials and their selection in telecommunication sector.
3. Program graduates have knowledge of planning and organizing ateliers and operating plants in telecommunication sector.
4. Program graduates have ability to follow developing technologies with his/her acquired knowledge.
5. Program graduates have ability to design and draw the professional plans and projects by using a computer drawing or simulation program in his/her filed.
6.Program graduate carry out a basic level study on his/her own, collect, analyze and interpret the data and prepare the final report in order to examine a problem regarding telecommunication technologies.
7. Program graduates take responsibility as a team member in order to solve the problems encountered in the applications of telecommunication area; he/she who has the conscious of the necessity of lifelong learning renews his/herself continuously to acces
8. Program graduates have ability to use at least one computer programming language and a foreign language in the extent required by the profession.
9. Program graduates use one computer software required by the field at least and information and communication technologies in a basic level.
10. Program graduates inculcate to be a patient individual with responsibility consciousness and moral values required by the profession.
12.Program graduates act according to professional ethics to provide the occupational health and safety in the field
|1||Definition of work safety and legislation||Read the resources related to the course|
|2||Occupational disease||Read the resources related to the course|
|3||Protective and preventive measures||Read the resources related to the course|
|4||Legislations related environment pollution, emissions and harmful gases||Read the resources related to the course|
|5||Work safety and equipment of work safety.||Read the resources related to the course|
|6||Protective and preventive measures||Read the resources related to the course|
|7||Workplace air quality||Read the resources related to the course|
|8||Midterm Exam||Read the resources related to the course|
|9||First aid||Read the resources related to the course|
|10||First aid materials||Read the resources related to the course|
|11||Protective first aid and emergency call||Read the resources related to the course|
|12||Waste and waste classification||Read the resources related to the course|
|13||Waste storage||Read the resources related to the course|
|14||Waste storage and Waste storage systems||Read the resources related to the course|
|15||Regulations of hazardous waste||Read the resources related to the course|
|16-17||Final Exam||Read the resources related to the course|
|Recommended or Required Reading|