|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Information and Communication Technology *||BIT 101||1||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Asst.Prof.Dr. Mehmet ESEN|
The basic concepts in computer technology, effective use of the internet,Presentation and spreadsheet preparation methodsE-commerce concept is learned.
Internet And Internet Browser, E-Mail Management Newsgroups / Forums Web-Based Learning Personal Web Site Preparation Electronic Commerce Resume Word Processing Program Spreadsheet Formulas And Graphs Of Functions Internet And Career Preparation For A Job Interview, The Presentation Of The Introductory Material Preparation
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1.Program graduates have sufficient knowledge in mathematics, science and the implementation of the telecommunication issues in these areas
2.Program graduates have knowledge regarding available materials and their selection in telecommunication sector.
3. Program graduates have knowledge of planning and organizing ateliers and operating plants in telecommunication sector.
4. Program graduates have ability to follow developing technologies with his/her acquired knowledge.
5. Program graduates have ability to design and draw the professional plans and projects by using a computer drawing or simulation program in his/her filed.
6.Program graduate carry out a basic level study on his/her own, collect, analyze and interpret the data and prepare the final report in order to examine a problem regarding telecommunication technologies.
7. Program graduates take responsibility as a team member in order to solve the problems encountered in the applications of telecommunication area; he/she who has the conscious of the necessity of lifelong learning renews his/herself continuously to acces
8. Program graduates have ability to use at least one computer programming language and a foreign language in the extent required by the profession.
9. Program graduates use one computer software required by the field at least and information and communication technologies in a basic level.
10. Program graduates inculcate to be a patient individual with responsibility consciousness and moral values required by the profession.
12.Program graduates act according to professional ethics to provide the occupational health and safety in the field
|1||Introduction to Basic Information Technologies and giving information about hardware and software components of computer systems||Making presentations|
|2||Software and Hardware Concepts, Software Types, File and Folder Concept Capacity Measurement Units||Making presentations|
|3||Keyboard Introduction and Application, Status and Impact of the fingers on the keyboard Technique||Making presentations|
|4||Using the Microsoft Windows Operating System (Desktop screen, icons, taskbar, shortcut operations on the Start Menu),Management of Microsoft Windows Operating System (File and Folder Operations, Program Setup, Control Panel, Properties, Computer Maintenance (System Utilities)||Making presentations|
|5||Introduction to Word Processing Programs and Features of Word Processor Program , Text Processing, Page and paragraph, Settings and Editing in Word Processor Program||Making presentations|
|6||Table Operations, and Adding Figure Photos in Word Processor Program||Making presentations|
|7||Using SmartArt in Word Processor Program, Adding Graphics, Lower and Upper Adding Information||Making presentations|
|9||Introduction to Electronic Spreadsheet Program. (Cell, Area, Basic Mathematical Operations, Charts)||Making presentations|
|10||formulas and functions in Electronic Spreadsheet program||Making presentations|
|11||Preparing presentation.||Making presentations|
|12||What is the Internet Internet Browser type and use Electronic mail acquisition, use and management. (CC and BCC should be referred to the concept) News groups / forums Membership and Usage||Making presentations|
|13||Viruses, Secure Internet Usage, Web page Extensions (gov, edu, com, etc..), Banking Operations||Making presentations|
|14||E-Government Operations (Insurance operations, Plate inquiry, Correspondence and Reference Types, Court Records, etc..) What is Web-Based Learning it Use of the Open Course Materials.||Making presentations|
|15||Online Resume Preparation and Job application. Secure and Ethics in Social Networks||Making presentations|
|Recommended or Required Reading|