|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Digital communication *||ELH 217||3||3||3||5|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Mahir Can KAÇAR|
Comparing digital and analog communication and explaining necessity of digital communication. Providind knowledge about Analog signals and digital signals. Providing information about ADC and DAC. PAM, PWM, PPM, PCM and Delta modulation and demodulation. TDMA, FDMA, CDMA and SDMA Providing information about digital modulation schemes such as ASK, FSK, PSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM, MSK and GMSK. Error correcting and detecting codes. When and how they are used
Pulse Amplitude, Width and Position Modulation (PAM, PWM, PPM) and Demodulation Principles Time Shared Multiplexing (TDMA) Frequency Sharing Multiplexing (FDMA) Code Sharing Multiplexing (CDMA) Space Sharing Multiplexing (SDMA) PCM and Delta Modulation and Demodulation Principles ASK, FSK, PSK and Multilevel Digital Modulation Error Codes and Digital Communication Techniques and Standards
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1.Program graduates have sufficient knowledge in mathematics, science and the implementation of the telecommunication issues in these areas
2.Program graduates have knowledge regarding available materials and their selection in telecommunication sector.
3. Program graduates have knowledge of planning and organizing ateliers and operating plants in telecommunication sector.
4. Program graduates have ability to follow developing technologies with his/her acquired knowledge.
5. Program graduates have ability to design and draw the professional plans and projects by using a computer drawing or simulation program in his/her filed.
6.Program graduate carry out a basic level study on his/her own, collect, analyze and interpret the data and prepare the final report in order to examine a problem regarding telecommunication technologies.
7. Program graduates take responsibility as a team member in order to solve the problems encountered in the applications of telecommunication area; he/she who has the conscious of the necessity of lifelong learning renews his/herself continuously to acces
8. Program graduates have ability to use at least one computer programming language and a foreign language in the extent required by the profession.
9. Program graduates use one computer software required by the field at least and information and communication technologies in a basic level.
10. Program graduates inculcate to be a patient individual with responsibility consciousness and moral values required by the profession.
12.Program graduates act according to professional ethics to provide the occupational health and safety in the field
|1||The concept of digital and analog system||-|
|5||PWM PPM modulation||--|
|7||FSK and PSK modulation||-|
|10||Probability of error and error rate||-|
|11||Constellation diagrams and relationship probability of error||-|
|12||The design of digital communication circuits||-|
|13||General theory repeat||-|
|15||Evaluation of laboratory practice||-|
|Recommended or Required Reading|