|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Principles of Atatürk and History of Turkish Revolution I *||UAI 101||1||2||2||2|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Erdem ÇANAK|
To teach the foundation and development of Modern Turkey. To give the right information about Ataturk's way of thinking, the history of the Turkish Republic, Turkey and some factors threatening the applications of Ataturk's way of thinking. Educate Turkish youth as regards to Ataturk's way of thinking which offers an absolute unity at home as a system including all cultural components of Turkey as a country. To raise rationalist, contemporary, humanist, hardworking and honourable youngsters.
A definition of Revolution. The aim and the importance of the Turkish history of revolution General state of the Ottoman Empire the reasons for the decline Efforts to save the Ottoman Empire Phylosphy movements The First World War Mustafa Kemal in Anatolia and the Congresses The opening of the Great Turkish National Assembly National and International policy The Mudanya Treaty Lousanne Conference
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1.Program graduates have sufficient knowledge in mathematics, science and the implementation of the telecommunication issues in these areas
2.Program graduates have knowledge regarding available materials and their selection in telecommunication sector.
3. Program graduates have knowledge of planning and organizing ateliers and operating plants in telecommunication sector.
4. Program graduates have ability to follow developing technologies with his/her acquired knowledge.
5. Program graduates have ability to design and draw the professional plans and projects by using a computer drawing or simulation program in his/her filed.
6.Program graduate carry out a basic level study on his/her own, collect, analyze and interpret the data and prepare the final report in order to examine a problem regarding telecommunication technologies.
7. Program graduates take responsibility as a team member in order to solve the problems encountered in the applications of telecommunication area; he/she who has the conscious of the necessity of lifelong learning renews his/herself continuously to acces
8. Program graduates have ability to use at least one computer programming language and a foreign language in the extent required by the profession.
9. Program graduates use one computer software required by the field at least and information and communication technologies in a basic level.
10. Program graduates inculcate to be a patient individual with responsibility consciousness and moral values required by the profession.
12.Program graduates act according to professional ethics to provide the occupational health and safety in the field
|1||The characteristics of Turkish Revolution and its Importance||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|2||A general view to the reasons leading to Turkish Revolution||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|3||Important Political and Military Developments leading to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|4||The collapse of the Ottoman Empire||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|5||The status of the country towards occupation and the attitude of Mustafa Kemal||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|6||Mustafa Kemal and Being the leader of National Battle||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|7||The route to the Congresses and National Organization||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|9||Decisions of Kuvay-ı Milliye (National Forces) and Misak-ı Milli (National Pact)||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|10||Assembly (TBMM) and establishment of the New Turkish State||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|11||National Struggle Fronts (south and southeast) - National Struggle Fronts (east) and the Armenian Question||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|12||Fronts of the Turkish War of Independence, Western front, first occupations and national army - Establishment of regular army and financial sources of the War of Independence||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|13||Treaty of Sevres and its impact on Turkish Nation - Fronts of the Turkish War of Independence, Inonu I-II, Sakarya and Great Attack||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|14||Political aspect of National Struggle, Mudanya Armistice, Lozan Peace Conference||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|15||Mudanya Armistice, Lozan Peace Conference||The textbook and the relevant topics in suggested sources|
|Recommended or Required Reading|