|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Improving Communications Technologies *||ELH 236||4||3||3||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Mahir Can KAÇAR|
1. Comprehending basic working principle of a Fax Device 2. Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) systems Advantages and Disadvantages 3. Comprehending advantages of DSL systems that enabling broadband access, increasing fixed telephones digital capacitance. 4. GSM technology, GPRS systems supporting TDMA and GSM infrastructure 5. 3 G videophone system (UMTS), TETRA, MVNO, SDH, new generation internet solutions.
The basic working principle of Fax device, . ISDN Systems, XDSL Systems, ADSL, GSM System, System history and the first generation analog networks (AMPS, NMT, TACS). The second-generation digital networks (GSM 900.1800, 1900, TDMA, CDMA,FDMA). Third-generation networks (UMTS). GSM elements and GSM architecture. GPRS systems. 3. Next-generation video phone (UMTSUniversal Mobile Telecommunications Systems). 4 Generation Networks (LTE, Wimax) Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), TETRA Terrestrial Trunk Radio. STM, ATM, SDH (Synchronous Digital Hierarchy), TINA, APCO25. Short Range Data Transfer Systems WLAN, bluetooth, NFC. Navigation Systems (GNSS)Global Navigation Satellite Systems
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1.Program graduates have sufficient knowledge in mathematics, science and the implementation of the telecommunication issues in these areas
2.Program graduates have knowledge regarding available materials and their selection in telecommunication sector.
3. Program graduates have knowledge of planning and organizing ateliers and operating plants in telecommunication sector.
4. Program graduates have ability to follow developing technologies with his/her acquired knowledge.
5. Program graduates have ability to design and draw the professional plans and projects by using a computer drawing or simulation program in his/her filed.
6.Program graduate carry out a basic level study on his/her own, collect, analyze and interpret the data and prepare the final report in order to examine a problem regarding telecommunication technologies.
7. Program graduates take responsibility as a team member in order to solve the problems encountered in the applications of telecommunication area; he/she who has the conscious of the necessity of lifelong learning renews his/herself continuously to acces
8. Program graduates have ability to use at least one computer programming language and a foreign language in the extent required by the profession.
9. Program graduates use one computer software required by the field at least and information and communication technologies in a basic level.
10. Program graduates inculcate to be a patient individual with responsibility consciousness and moral values required by the profession.
12.Program graduates act according to professional ethics to provide the occupational health and safety in the field
|1||Basic working principle of a Fax Device||-|
|2||Station and Mobile Data Transfer Technology Systems BRI and PRI ISDN Line features||-|
|3||XDSL, Symmetric and Asymmetric DSL Lines data transfer, a DSL modem setup parameters||-|
|4||The first generation analog networks AMPS, NMT, TACS and the history of GSM System||-|
|5||Second generation digital networks GSM 900.1800, 1900, TDMA, CDMA,FDMA Spectrum Measurements||-|
|6||Thirth generation networks UMTS Spectrum Measurements||-|
|7||GSM network elements, and GSM network architecture||-|
|9||GPRS Mobile Data Transfer System Requirements and System design||-|
|10||Short Distance Wireless Communication Technologies WLAN,Bluetooth,NFC||-|
|11||CDMA Technics 3.G and 4G Technologies UMTS-HSPA/ LTE WIMAX||-|
|12||Virtual Mobile Network Operator MVNO,Tetra||-|
|13||STM, ATM, SDH Synchronous Digital Hierarchy, TINA, APCO25||-|
|14||Navigation Technologies, GNSS Global Navigation Satellite Systems||-|
|15||GPS and other satellite navigation system Galileo GLONASS, SBAS, etc.||-|
|Recommended or Required Reading|