|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|SOCIAL EFFECTS OF GENE TECHNOLOGY *||SHS 204||4||2||2||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Assoc.Prof.Dr. Sedefgül YÜZBAŞIOĞLU ARIYÜREK|
To provide information about gene technology and developments.
Giving the latest information about gene technology.
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1. Explains basic principles and concepts with elderly care.
2. States aging, aging process and changes in the aging process.
3.Explains personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals, and the basic information for improving the quality of life .
4.Distinguishes social , professional , ethical principles and laws in elderly care.
5. Describes interventions in elderly care.
6.Describes interventions personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals regarding enviromental regulations in home aged care.
7.Describes physiological changes in old age and the principles of specific nutrition to common diseases.
8. Lists health and occupational safety practices in working environment.
9. Distinguishes social rehabilitation needs in elderly and performs them.
10. Uses critical thinking , creative thinking and appropriate methods and techniques for the development of problem solving skills .
11. Uses effectively first aid techniques in case of emergency in the elderly.
12.Uses effectively interventions in holistic elderly care.
13.Uses planned basic techniques of physical rehabilitation in the elderly .
14. Takes responsibility for solving old problems in society as individuals and groups.
15.Analyzes information with a critical approach by themselves .
16. Uses the skills to communicate effectively with elderly persons and others.
17.Uses tools , information and communication technologies in working envoriment.
18.Monitors information in the field using at least one foreign language and comminicates with colleagues.
19. İnitiatives for the thinking and development of their performance .
20.Monitors artistic, scientific events and current events in community and in the world.
|1||The beginning of the DNA research||Prepare from literature|
|2||The structure of DNA: a double helix||Prepare from literature|
|3||What is the function of DNA||Prepare from literature|
|4||Basics of DNA technology||Prepare from literature|
|5||The methods of DNA technology||Prepare from literature|
|6||The methods of DNA technology||Prepare from literature|
|7||DNA technology products: Medicines||Prepare from literature|
|8||Midterm exam||Prepare from literature|
|9||DNA analysis and diagnostics||Prepare from literature|
|10||Gene therapy||Prepare from literature|
|11||Forensic Medicine||Prepare from literature|
|12||The agricultural revolution||Prepare from literature|
|13||Transgenic animals||Prepare from literature|
|14||Human Genome Project||Prepare from literature|
|15||Bioethics||Prepare from literature|
|16-17||Final exam||Prepare from literature|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Textbook||Slides and lecture notes|