|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Nutrıtıon in Old *||YBP 257||3||2||2||2|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Şenay DAĞILGAN|
Knowing the elements that constitute the basic of nutrition, considering the nutritional properties of certain cases which effects on the health of the elderly and meeting the nutrition of elderly person who needs the requirement of aid.
1. Introduction to nutrition and food items 2.Nutrition in chronical disease 3. Relations of nutrition with aging
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1. Explains basic principles and concepts with elderly care.
2. States aging, aging process and changes in the aging process.
3.Explains personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals, and the basic information for improving the quality of life .
4.Distinguishes social , professional , ethical principles and laws in elderly care.
5. Describes interventions in elderly care.
6.Describes interventions personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals regarding enviromental regulations in home aged care.
7.Describes physiological changes in old age and the principles of specific nutrition to common diseases.
8. Lists health and occupational safety practices in working environment.
9. Distinguishes social rehabilitation needs in elderly and performs them.
10. Uses critical thinking , creative thinking and appropriate methods and techniques for the development of problem solving skills .
11. Uses effectively first aid techniques in case of emergency in the elderly.
12.Uses effectively interventions in holistic elderly care.
13.Uses planned basic techniques of physical rehabilitation in the elderly .
14. Takes responsibility for solving old problems in society as individuals and groups.
15.Analyzes information with a critical approach by themselves .
16. Uses the skills to communicate effectively with elderly persons and others.
17.Uses tools , information and communication technologies in working envoriment.
18.Monitors information in the field using at least one foreign language and comminicates with colleagues.
19. İnitiatives for the thinking and development of their performance .
20.Monitors artistic, scientific events and current events in community and in the world.
|1||Introduction to nutrition, food items, Carbohydrates||Question and answer|
|2||Proteins ,fats and vitamins||Question and answer|
|3||Water and minerals||Question and answer|
|4||Food groups and food pyramid||Question and answer|
|5||Drinks , probiotics and features||Question and answer|
|6||Principles of adequate and balanced nutrition , nutritional characteristics in the elderly||Question and answer|
|7||Energy requirements, Ideal height and weight||Question and answer|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Question and answer|
|9||Fiber and fiber foods diet in the elderly||Question and answer|
|10||Malnutrition and anorexia of aging||Question and answer|
|11||Obesity of disaeses||Question and answer|
|12||Nutrition in diabetes mellitus||Question and answer|
|13||Nutrition in kidney disease||Question and answer|
|14||Nutrition in Cardiovascular Disease||Question and answer|
|15||Repitation of the subject||Question and answer|
|16-17||Term Exams||Question and answer|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Textbook||1.Baysal A, 2009,Genel Beslenme,Hatipoğlu yayınevi,Ankara. |
2.Arıoğlu S, 2006,Geriatri ve Gerontoloji, MN Medikal,Nobel kitabevi,İstanbul
3.Samur G,Yıldız E,Obezite ve Kardiyovasküler Hastalıklar / Hipertansiyon, Sağlık Bakanlığı Yayını,Ankara,2008. 4.Rakıcıoğl N, Yaşlılarda Sağlıklı Beslenmede Posanın Önemi,Gebam bülten 2006.