|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Interpersonal Relationship *||SHS 104||2||2||2||3|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Şenay DAĞILGAN|
Aim of the course is ability to use effective communication with elderly peple and others.
1. Communication concept 2.The factors affecting communication 3. Self-recognition 4. Perception 5. Active listening 6. I Language 7. Assertiveness
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1. Explains basic principles and concepts with elderly care.
2. States aging, aging process and changes in the aging process.
3.Explains personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals, and the basic information for improving the quality of life .
4.Distinguishes social , professional , ethical principles and laws in elderly care.
5. Describes interventions in elderly care.
6.Describes interventions personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals regarding enviromental regulations in home aged care.
7.Describes physiological changes in old age and the principles of specific nutrition to common diseases.
8. Lists health and occupational safety practices in working environment.
9. Distinguishes social rehabilitation needs in elderly and performs them.
10. Uses critical thinking , creative thinking and appropriate methods and techniques for the development of problem solving skills .
11. Uses effectively first aid techniques in case of emergency in the elderly.
12.Uses effectively interventions in holistic elderly care.
13.Uses planned basic techniques of physical rehabilitation in the elderly .
14. Takes responsibility for solving old problems in society as individuals and groups.
15.Analyzes information with a critical approach by themselves .
16. Uses the skills to communicate effectively with elderly persons and others.
17.Uses tools , information and communication technologies in working envoriment.
18.Monitors information in the field using at least one foreign language and comminicates with colleagues.
19. İnitiatives for the thinking and development of their performance .
20.Monitors artistic, scientific events and current events in community and in the world.
|1||İntroduction, Purpose and Learning Objectives||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|2||Communication Concept||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|3||The Factors Affecting Communication||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|4||Self-recognition||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|5||Perception I||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|6||Perception II||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|7||Empathy||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|9||Active Listening I||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|10||Active Listening II||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|11||Active Listening III||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|12||I Language||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|13||Assertiveness I||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|14||Assertiveness II||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|15||Evolation the Course||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|16-17||Term Exams||Source lecture notes and course offerings|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
1.Özcan A. Hemşire- Hasta İlişkisi ve İletişim. Ankara: Sistem Ofset Bas. Yay. San. Tic. Ltd. Şti. 2006.
2.Özer A.K. Ben Değeri Tiryakiliği. İstanbul: Sistem Yayıncılık. 2008
3.Gordon T. Etkili Anne Baba Eğitimi. İstanbul: Profil Yayıncılık. 2009
4. Üstün B. ve Ark. Hemşirelikte İletişim Becerileri Öğretimi. İzmir: Okullar yayınevi. 2005