|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Health Management *||YBP 280||4||2||2||2|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites||Yok|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Azize BATUN|
To obtain information on health services management.
The concepts of health, health care services and management, The usage of health services and the factors affecting to the usageThe tasks, responsibilites and organizational structures of the Ministry of Health, Social Security Institution, Association of Public Hospitals and Public Health Institution
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1. Explains basic principles and concepts with elderly care.
2. States aging, aging process and changes in the aging process.
3.Explains personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals, and the basic information for improving the quality of life .
4.Distinguishes social , professional , ethical principles and laws in elderly care.
5. Describes interventions in elderly care.
6.Describes interventions personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals regarding enviromental regulations in home aged care.
7.Describes physiological changes in old age and the principles of specific nutrition to common diseases.
8. Lists health and occupational safety practices in working environment.
9. Distinguishes social rehabilitation needs in elderly and performs them.
10. Uses critical thinking , creative thinking and appropriate methods and techniques for the development of problem solving skills .
11. Uses effectively first aid techniques in case of emergency in the elderly.
12.Uses effectively interventions in holistic elderly care.
13.Uses planned basic techniques of physical rehabilitation in the elderly .
14. Takes responsibility for solving old problems in society as individuals and groups.
15.Analyzes information with a critical approach by themselves .
16. Uses the skills to communicate effectively with elderly persons and others.
17.Uses tools , information and communication technologies in working envoriment.
18.Monitors information in the field using at least one foreign language and comminicates with colleagues.
19. İnitiatives for the thinking and development of their performance .
20.Monitors artistic, scientific events and current events in community and in the world.
|1||Definition of health and the value judgments of health care||Reading the lecture note|
|2||Distinctive features of health care services from other goods and services.||Reading the lecture note|
|3||Supply and demand for health services||Reading the lecture note|
|4||Objectives of health services||Reading the lecture note|
|5||Organization of health services||Reading the lecture note|
|6||Public health system in Turkey||Reading the lecture note|
|7||In developed countries, public health system, Health Organization, national health policy||Reading the lecture note|
|8||Midterm exam||Reading the lecture note|
|9||Health service units and functions||Reading the lecture note|
|10||Manpower planning of health services||Reading the lecture note|
|11||Health team and management of the health services||Reading the lecture note|
|12||Health services financing||Reading the lecture note|
|13||Usage of health services in Turkey, objectives for the twenty-first century||Reading the lecture note|
|14||Several health systems, comparison of health indicators developed countries and Turkey||Reading the lecture note|
|15||Definition of hospital, classification of hospitals, their organizational structures||Reading the lecture note|
|16-17||Final Examination||Reading the lecture note|
|Recommended or Required Reading|