|Course Title||Code||Semester||L+P Hour||Credits||ECTS|
|Occupational Therapy||YBP 284||4||2||3||4|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites|
|Recommended Optional Programme Components||None|
|Language of Instruction||Turkish|
|Course Level||Short Cycle Programmes (Associate's Degree)|
|Course Coordinator||Lec. Emir İbrahim IŞIK|
İncreasing quality of life in elderly person, creating the ability to apply occupation therapy to avoid the burnout syndrome of family of the elderly and caregivers according to the individual features
1.Basic principles in occupation therapy, plannnig of of occupational therapy and the importance of social support systems and aging. 2. Activities of occupation therapy.
|1) Defines basic principles in occupation therapy.|
|2) Plans applications of occupational therapy according to ındividual and cultural values of the elderly.|
|3) Identifies requirements of occupational therapy in elderly person|
|4) Provides involvement of the family and community in occupation therapy.|
|Course's Contribution To Program|
|No||Program Learning Outcomes||Contribution|
1. Explains basic principles and concepts with elderly care.
2. States aging, aging process and changes in the aging process.
3.Explains personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals, and the basic information for improving the quality of life .
4.Distinguishes social , professional , ethical principles and laws in elderly care.
5. Describes interventions in elderly care.
6.Describes interventions personal , social, cultural differences of elderly individuals regarding enviromental regulations in home aged care.
7.Describes physiological changes in old age and the principles of specific nutrition to common diseases.
8. Lists health and occupational safety practices in working environment.
9. Distinguishes social rehabilitation needs in elderly and performs them.
10. Uses critical thinking , creative thinking and appropriate methods and techniques for the development of problem solving skills .
11. Uses effectively first aid techniques in case of emergency in the elderly.
12.Uses effectively interventions in holistic elderly care.
13.Uses planned basic techniques of physical rehabilitation in the elderly .
14. Takes responsibility for solving old problems in society as individuals and groups.
15.Analyzes information with a critical approach by themselves .
16. Uses the skills to communicate effectively with elderly persons and others.
17.Uses tools , information and communication technologies in working envoriment.
18.Monitors information in the field using at least one foreign language and comminicates with colleagues.
19. İnitiatives for the thinking and development of their performance .
20.Monitors artistic, scientific events and current events in community and in the world.
|1||Fundamental Principles In Occupation Therapy and Planning||Question and answer||Lecture|
|2||The Importance Of Occupation Therapy in Old Age||Question and answer||Lecture|
|3||Social Support Systems in Old Age||Question and answer||Lecture|
|4||Psychomotor activities||Team work||Lecture|
|5||Mental activities||Team work||Lecture|
|6||Art activities||Team work||Discussion|
|7||Exercise and sports activities||Team work||Lecture|
|8||Mid-Term Exam||Team work|
|9||Hobby Activities||Team work||Lecture|
|10||A Time Of Sharing Aktivities||Team work||Lecture|
|11||Outdoor Activities||Team work||Discussion|
|12||Game Activities||Team work||Lecture|
|13||Sports Activities||Team work||Lecture|
|14||Rehabilitation of Respiratory Aktivities||Team work||Lecture|
|15||Spiritual Care Activities||Team work||Lecture|
|16-17||Term Exams||Team work|
|Recommended or Required Reading|
|Textbook||1. Yücel Nurullah, Demanslı Yıllara Değer Katan Aktiviteler, İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi, İstanbul, 2000 |
2. Seyyar Ali., Sosyal Hizmetlerde Manevi Bakım, Şefkatli Eller yayınları, Ankara, 2007
3. Sabuncu Necmiye, Akça Ay Fatma, Klinik Beceriler-Sağlığın Değerlendirilmesi-Hasta Bakım ve Takibi, Nobel Tıp Kitabevi, İstanbul 2010
4.Kutsal Yeşim Gökçe, Temel Geriatri, 1. Baskı, Güneş Kitabevi, Ankara 2007.
5. Alev Büyükkınacı, Uðraþ Terapisi (Ergoterapi), Klinik Psikiyatri 2010;13:137-142